All About Pricing: Using the website for pricing & Odyssey to calculate costs
With Odyssey, you may set your order forms to use website pricing and still have Odyssey calculate the cost of the job based on the calculations, paper transformations, and conditions to apply set up within the workflow for the order form.
Let's take a Brochures order form and provide an example of this scenario.
Below is a screen capture from the 'Pricing' tab of a public 'Brochures' order form. Notice 'Basic Pricing' is being used with Tiered or Quantity/Price Break pricing set up.
Order form using 'Basic Pricing' to show a price to website visitors
Now let's place an order from the website, using the order form pricing that is based on the 'Basic Pricing' selection from above.
Price shown on website was based on 'Basic Pricing' set up for the order form
After the order was placed from the website, let's open up the job in Odyssey. This is located under Jobs > Pending. Upon opening up the job, let's break apart the selling price, estimated cost and estimated profit.
Odyssey showing us the website selling price (using website pricing), Odyssey estimated cost and the estimated profit
- Selling Price: This was the agreed upon price that was presented to the printbuyer upon the order being placed.
- For this example, the Selling Price, using website 'Basic Pricing', was set at $15.00
- Estimated Cost: This represents the cost Odyssey calculated based on the calculations and conditions to apply set up for the workflow for this product.
- For this example, the Estimated Cost was $73.75
- Estimated Profit: The gain or loss of the Selling Price compared to the Estimated Cost
- For this example, since the Selling Price was less than Odyssey's Estimated Cost, Odyssey calculated a -79.66% loss for this job.
Let's take this same order form and set it to use Odyssey 2 pricing:
Order form set to Advanced Pricing: Odyssey 2
After the order was placed, the 'Pending' job in Odyssey shows us the same 'Estimated Cost' of $73.75. the Odyssey-generated price of $81.12 with an Estimated Profit of 9.99%.
Odyssey showing us the website selling price (using Odyssey pricing), Odyssey estimated cost and the estimated profit